Sex can be liberating, mind-blowing, stress-reducing, soul-moving, or just plain fun. This much we know. And while we’re all for “spicing up your love life,” as the magazines like to call it, we’re pretty sure it’s not rocket science to do so — and certainly doesn’t require a new story every single month about it (we’re looking at you,Cosmo). So here it is, the definitive — and only — cheat sheet we’ll ever give you for mixing things up in the bedroom. And since we freely admit that this is hardly brain surgery, little, if any, explanation will be provided. Simply pick the ones you like, ignore the rest, and have a great time:
1. Spanking. Biting and hair-pulling also options. And, hey, be careful out there.
2. Sex toys. We hope we’re far past a time when any guy would be intimidated by the introduction of a vibrator, and certainly there are other options as well.
3. Tying up. Many, many modern young women are into this, and we could spend days analyzing that fact. But trust us, it’s fun. Lots of guys like to be tied up, too.
4. Various forms of anal play. Might be good to discuss this first, as romantically as possible, of course. It’s definitely a love-hate kinda thing.
6. Telling each other what you want, in the moment, and doing it, in the moment.
7. Lingerie, etc. Some guys are into it, some don’t care that much, few will complain, and you might feel super-sexy, so try at will.
8. Do it somewhere other than the bedroom.
9. Share a hot memory from your past. Your shared past, to be clear. Probably you should keep the fantasies about exes to yourself.
10. Shower sex! But be sure it’s the right time. You don’t want to sneak in on him doing … whatever he might take care of in the bathroom when he doesn’t think you’re around.
11. Share a fantasy.
12. Sexting! So scandalous for teens, so awesome for grownups who trust each other implicitly.
13. Masturbation. With or without your partner there.